Using DDNS with OpenVPN on dd-wrt router for server access.

qofbored

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 15:38    Post subject: Using DDNS with OpenVPN on dd-wrt router for server access. Reply with quote
Hello.

I have this question:
Is it possible to make my server accessible on-line (via domain name) if my server is connecting through a VPN tunnel (OpenVPN)?

I have the following LAN set-up:

Currently the VPN is configured on the router, but it may also be configured on the server itself (leaving the rest of the local network "exposed", but that would be okay.)

Basically, the VPN service hands out dynamic IP's and also the VPN's IP is shared by numerous other users. So how do I properly configure DDNS to route my domain back to my own router or server?

In addition, my IPS's modem is using SIP (VoiP phones) and therefore I did not configure bridge mode because then I lose the SIP functionality. This configuration may or may not be adding additional routing issues, I am not sure exactly.

My router is a Dlink DHP1565-A1 running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/09/15) std - build 26653.

I would greatly appreciate your help in this technical matter.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: