[SEARCH] 4x Gbit/2,5&5Ghz/ext. Antennas/USB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers
Myvesdin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 15:53    Post subject: [SEARCH] 4x Gbit/2,5&5Ghz/ext. Antennas/USB Reply with quote
Hello companions,

I'm searching for a new wireless router.
It should have,as mentioned in the title, 4 Gbit Ethernet Ports minimum (more is always good Wink )
Wifi on the 2,4 an 5Ghz range and external Antennas for both Wifi's (maybe Dual-Band).
Also 1 or 2 USB-Ports would be really nice.

I've already looked at the TP-Link C5 & C7.
Both seem reasonable but I've heard, that the 2,4Ghz Antennas are just internal.

Any suggestions for me? Smile

Greetings from Germany
Sponsor
mwbuss8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
For what its worth, I get solid range from the internal antennas on my c7 and would highly recommend it, as long as the SoC is powerful enough to meet your needs. Something like a netgear r6700 or r7000 has dropped in price somewhat and I believe meet your requirements. As budget and usage weren't mentioned, there are many options. I will say that some internal antennas perform better than expected and some external antennas perform worse than expected, so don't necessarily set that as a make or break requirement unless you need to swap for specialized antennas. Find something within your budget that seems decent, then read reviews both here and elsewhere, though many complaints elsewhere seem to be related to stock firmwares.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: