x86_64 PCE-AC68

evox03
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 15:31    Post subject: x86_64 PCE-AC68 Reply with quote
Hi everybody. i have built my pc with x86_64 dd-wrt and is working good, i want to buy this wifi card but i can't find any info if is supported.

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/PCEAC68/

or you guys can advice me on other card with support.
thanks in advance.
Sponsor
evox03
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
No any news or advice to buy a good card to use wifi with dd-wrt?
flood404
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:10    Post subject: Wifi cards Reply with quote
The wifi cards are a hit and miss with it working. There is some gigabit cards that are not even supported yet also.

The sure way to tell if it does work or not is install it and have the professional DD-WRT installed. The public versions do not have Wifi support or filter ports beyond 4096 ports. You need that card installed before you can activate the professional. Since the activation is based on all the NIC card's MAC addresses. The Wifi card have a MAC address too.
evox03
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks for your answer, i have dd-wrt x86_64 pro activated before adding any wifi, i only needed wifi later and now i need wifi for my phones/tablets. can i install wifi after activation or not? if yes how?
flood404
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
The easier way to get WIFI going in a house is to buy a wireless router instead of trying questionable supported WIFI cards otherwise its a waste of time.

I currently use a Netgear WNR2000v2 with DD_wrt installed in it. I have the wifi secured first then what I do is turn off the DHCP option inside the Wireless Router because the DD-WRT on the PC with DHCP turned on will be the one handing out IP addresses and managing connections. Then set the time zone option then look for the option assign WAN to Switch. Then change the wireless router's IP address from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.2.1. Then click save and apply. Then now you will have secured WIFI network in your house. The only two ways to log back into that device once you do that is either set the IP address manually and have the gateway set to 192.168.2.1 or do the 30 30 30 reset to log back into it. But right now the router does not do anything but forward everything to the PC running DD-wrt and that PC with DD-wrt will be the one handing out IP addresses and manage the port connections.

That is much more easier than trying to find a supported wifi card.

You can buy any router really and do the same thing I just did but the WAN port on it will be useless if using the stock firmware. You can connect the ports 1 through 4 to a 5 port 8 port switch that is connected on the PC DD-wrt or use a crossover cable to connect the wifi router directly to a LAN assigned NIC card on the DD-WRT PC. But I have had 0 issues with the Netgear WND2000V2 router providing me WIFI signal for my laptops and tablets and phones.

Personally I would buy a netgear router for $40 to $50 and you can attempt to use the netgear genie to set it up to provide only WIFI to the house and it will detect you already have a DHCP host on the network and it will disable its DHCP for you if you find that easier.
evox03
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
flood404 wrote:
The easier way to get WIFI going in a house is to buy a wireless router instead of trying questionable supported WIFI cards otherwise its a waste of time.

I currently use a Netgear WNR2000v2 with DD_wrt installed in it. I have the wifi secured first then what I do is turn off the DHCP option inside the Wireless Router because the DD-WRT on the PC with DHCP turned on will be the one handing out IP addresses and managing connections. Then set the time zone option then look for the option assign WAN to Switch. Then change the wireless router's IP address from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.2.1. Then click save and apply. Then now you will have secured WIFI network in your house. The only two ways to log back into that device once you do that is either set the IP address manually and have the gateway set to 192.168.2.1 or do the 30 30 30 reset to log back into it. But right now the router does not do anything but forward everything to the PC running DD-wrt and that PC with DD-wrt will be the one handing out IP addresses and manage the port connections.

That is much more easier than trying to find a supported wifi card.

You can buy any router really and do the same thing I just did but the WAN port on it will be useless if using the stock firmware. You can connect the ports 1 through 4 to a 5 port 8 port switch that is connected on the PC DD-wrt or use a crossover cable to connect the wifi router directly to a LAN assigned NIC card on the DD-WRT PC. But I have had 0 issues with the Netgear WND2000V2 router providing me WIFI signal for my laptops and tablets and phones.

Personally I would buy a netgear router for $40 to $50 and you can attempt to use the netgear genie to set it up to provide only WIFI to the house and it will detect you already have a DHCP host on the network and it will disable its DHCP for you if you find that easier.

thanks for your idea, i have a wrt1900ac(original firmware) and a ea6500(dd-wrt firm) and received a 6 lan motherboard(x86_64 firmware from dd-wrt) from a friend wich is working good and thinking to use that all the time and add wifi to it and i know i can use as you told but i wanted to use a wifi card in this board. will be great if anyone clould tell wich wifi cards are working or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: