r7800 revert to stock from ddwrt issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
elkido122
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:59    Post subject: r7800 revert to stock from ddwrt issues Reply with quote
i need some help after going to ddwrt getting back to stock. i cant seem to get tftp working from windows and the power light on this is continually blinking every time i boot it up. might be from when i did a " erase linux " command.. thanks for any help
Sponsor
elkido122
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
really hoping someone can help a noob out.
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can you still ping your router? I assume you are connecting the PC to the router's LAN port and the PC has a static IP assigned.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:33    Post subject: Re: r7800 revert to stock from ddwrt issues Reply with quote
elkido122 wrote:
i need some help after going to ddwrt getting back to stock. i cant seem to get tftp working from windows and the power light on this is continually blinking every time i boot it up. might be from when i did a " erase linux " command.. thanks for any help

Blinking means, it is waiting for your tftp upload.

You have to configure your PC with static IP e.g. 192.168.1.2, then use a tftp client and transfer netgear firmware (*.chk) to the router, e.g.:

tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put FIRMWARE_FILE.chk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: