Question: convert old router to network adapter DD-WRT

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
zxvzcafgd[not spammer]
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:38    Post subject: Question: convert old router to network adapter DD-WRT Reply with quote
Dear hackers,

I bricked my AWUS036H by spilling juice on it, now it runs but doesn't connect to any wireless network, be it at home or work or friend's house. it just sits there and shows list of networks .. but everytime I try "unable to connect".

These cards are not available in our markets and to order one is a really a game of waiting for a long time for shipping. Also there's the risk of having a fake. So I have been looking for alternatives.

DD-WRT shows you can use Client bridge mode and client repeater mode but this would suggest you already have a router connected to the internet, so this is for home use only to extend the range.

What I want is to use any of these linux based firmwares to convert any supported router in our market to a wireless adapter which I can use with or KALI linux as a hacking card in monitor mode. [I do not want to install Kali on the router itself]
is it possible ?!!yes or no ? if so how ?!

Thank you.
Sponsor
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: