A device keeps disconnecting from the router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
monotious
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 18:10    Post subject: A device keeps disconnecting from the router Reply with quote
Hi,

I am new to the forum and really know next to nothing about networks.

I have a Cisco Valet M10 router with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std-nokaid-small installed.

I have a VOIP setup with Grandstream HandyTone 502 telephone adapter.

My problem is that this phone adapter keeps getting kicked off the router. It worked fine for a long time, but all of a sudden, a few weeks ago, with no change in any configuration, it started disconnecting. Sometimes I can fix the problem temporarily by pulling the power cord from the phone adapter and reconnecting after a while.

None of the other devices connected to the router (of which there are +10, including family members' computers and tablets) have this problem.

I know I am not giving much to base an answer on, but it's because I have no idea what could be the cause of this.

Can someone be nice enough to work with me to solve this problem? Point me in the right direction, tell me what I need to tell you about my setup and the settings to help you help me, etc.

Thank you.
Sponsor
monotious
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just so we don't waste time, yes, I have tried disconnecting everything from everything and resetting everything to factory settings, powered everything off etc.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can you try another router? If you still have the problem, chances are it's one of the devices. If the problem continues, might be the router.
Or try putting factory firmware back on it if you can.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Can you try another router? If you still have the problem, chances are it's one of the devices. If the problem continues, might be the router.
Or try putting factory firmware back on it if you can.

Trying a new router is something I considered. Is there a recommendation? I know that's a very vague question, but once again, I know nothing. My brother set the whole thing up and he's out of the country. He isn't that good with network and stuff himself either anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: