Thank you and Suggestion

Juzaxadar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 18:38    Post subject: Thank you and Suggestion Reply with quote
I've spent some time recently looking for a router to replace my WRT54G v1. DD-WRT has been a life safer and so the new one I bought (Asus AC66U) will be running DD-WRT.

Thank you for the work. I donated today. It's great to see such inroads that the Amazon/Newegg search for DD-WRT produces results.

I ended up choosing the AC66U because of the DD-WRT support and the ratings on retail sites.

My suggestion is this:
Build a few more fields into the router database so that it will be easier for everyone to find a new router (just look at the lack of answers in the "please help me choose a new router" thread).
I would have found it useful to be able to rate routers that I use with DD-WRT, and then search/sort the database for the router release date and user ratings. That way we all would have a way to find and support only DD-WRT routers, and see which routers are newest (because though the WRT54G is highly rated, it is old).

Also, the DD-WRT team should sign up for an Amazon (or several retailers) "affiliate" account and then place the URL for the routers into the database. This would display a "buy here" link in the router database and give the DD-WRT team some much needed income (because Amazon pays affiliates).

Either way. Thank you. Keep up the good work.
Sponsor
Linette Salomon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have not tried using the same router as yours but looking the way yo have presented it, seems to be very interesting. Are there no possible down side? Can you mention as well so we can now how to set our expectations? Thank you in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: