TP-Link TL-WR1043 V2 Support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
stephendt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:58    Post subject: Revert to stock Reply with quote
I'm having a lot of problems with DD-WRT on my WR1043ND V2 (namely Wi-Fi not allocating IP addresses or traffic not passing through to LAN) and I want to return to stock OR gargoyle for further testing. However, it seems impossible at this stage. The revert file I flashed keeps putting me back to DD-WRT. I know someone posted something about uploading the firmware to the device via telnet but someone else bricked their device like this so I'm not very keen on this. Any suggestions or guide for a Windows user?
Sponsor
matthewpapa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 0:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the 1043nd hardware v2 of the router. (is there a thread for this HW version already?)

I am using the device as a wireless access point in the front of my house, with a clearos box being used as my main router.

I have flashed the beta version of the FW and its seemed to work fine at first. I followed the guide from the WIKI to convert the router over to a AP. But after a while clients will not get an DHCP IP from that specific access point. I have other access points (not beta) that work fine with the exact same config. I have done this plenty of times before.

Has anyone else had this issue?
I am going to pull the source right to build top of trunk and see if its fixed.

Any points on debugging this issue? I am not new to embedded FW and will be happy to help dev.
m2farid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 19:59    Post subject: Re: Revert to stock Reply with quote
stephendt wrote:
I'm having a lot of problems with DD-WRT on my WR1043ND V2 (namely Wi-Fi not allocating IP addresses or traffic not passing through to LAN) and I want to return to stock OR gargoyle for further testing. However, it seems impossible at this stage. The revert file I flashed keeps putting me back to DD-WRT. I know someone posted something about uploading the firmware to the device via telnet but someone else bricked their device like this so I'm not very keen on this. Any suggestions or guide for a Windows user?

If you have not find a solution, just use v24-sp2 (05/27/14) std - build 24160. I had the same issue with the r24461 and I went back to DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/27/14) std - build 24160 and it's working good on my TP link 1043nd v2.1.
webvan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just got a 1043 v2 and was wondering about flashing it to dd-wrt like I'd done for the WRTG54 it replaces, mainly to get the VPN server back. There doesn't seem to be a way to go back to factory with the v2 at this time though? Could be a problem if my v2 turns out to be unstable like some other here...Thanks for any help!
Adeptuz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 13:50    Post subject: Re: Flash back tplink default firmware Reply with quote
travis82 wrote:
rickysim84 wrote:
Hi Brainslayer, i had tried the ddwrt for 1043nd v2 and i found out that the download speed somehow had been throttle at around 8 to 9mbps but the upload is great but not that stable. So now i wanna flash back tplink default firmware but although it shows that i had successfully flash it but it still return back to ddwrt firmware, can kindly help on this matter? Sad

Here

Where?)))
stephendt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's a new firmware out for this router that came out two days ago. My 1043ND v2 has been collecting dust due to buggy DD-WRT firmware but I'd like to know if anyone has got around to testing the firmware to see if it works OK for basic Wi-Fi routing duties.
marbi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
stephendt wrote:
There's a new firmware out for this router that came out two days ago. My 1043ND v2 has been collecting dust due to buggy DD-WRT firmware but I'd like to know if anyone has got around to testing the firmware to see if it works OK for basic Wi-Fi routing duties.

I have flashed my 1043ND v2 with the lastest build (11/11/2014) and I'm very happy with this new release for the moment... Everything seems to be fine.

Give it a try.

Regards.

Asus WL-500gP v2 DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/07/12) big (SVN revision 18946M NEWD Eko)

TPLINK WR1043ND V2.1 DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/09/15) std (SVN revision 26866)
rsf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
marbi wrote:
stephendt wrote:

I have flashed my 1043ND v2 with the lastest build (11/11/2014) and I'm very happy with this new release for the moment... Everything seems to be fine.

Give it a try.

Regards.

Hello,

which dd-wrt build used before flashed this new build?
And You maked the reset procedure?
Thanks
marbi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
rsf wrote:
marbi wrote:
stephendt wrote:

Give it a try.

Regards.

Hello,

Thanks

I've flashed from stock firmware, but have been testing openwrt, gargoyle and ddwrt before. The first ddwrt build I tested was r25203.

Asus WL-500gP v2 DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/07/12) big (SVN revision 18946M NEWD Eko)

TPLINK WR1043ND V2.1 DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/09/15) std (SVN revision 26866)
acoz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
marbi wrote:
rsf wrote:
marbi wrote:
stephendt wrote:

Give it a try.

Regards.

Hello,

Thanks

I've flashed from stock firmware, but have been testing openwrt, gargoyle and ddwrt before. The first ddwrt build I tested was r25203.

Where did you get 1043ND v2 build (11/11/2014)? I check the ftp, it only has 11/03/14
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2014/11-03-2014-r25251/tplink_tl-wr1043nd-v2/
acoz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
ignore that..lol sry
stephendt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Getting pretty tired of messing around with DD-WRT on my WR-1043ND V2. The bugs are atrocious on the 11/11/14 build. 90% of the time my clients don't want to connect to Wi-Fi. Tried a bunch of different settings, still no go. I have three 1043ND V1's that are perfectly happy but the V2 firmware is total crap. Been trying to restore back to stock but I can't figure it out. Goddamn.

Edit: Actually checked my firmware and I'm still on build 24461 and not 25309 like I thought I was. Pretty clear the web update on my build is messed up, supposedly I have to update this via Telnet now?

Dolphinman wrote:
Is it safe to flash r25408 over r24461? ofcourse with telnet since i'm not able to upgrade via the web interface

Already threw the r25408 bin in my tmp folder on the router

command i want to use:
mtd -r write /tmp/tl-wr1043nd-webflash.bin linux

i am scared i might brick it Neutral so i prefer asking you guys here before i try haha

If you work this out please let me know.
Dolphinman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 13:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
stephendt wrote:
Getting pretty tired of messing around with DD-WRT on my WR-1043ND V2. The bugs are atrocious on the 11/11/14 build. 90% of the time my clients don't want to connect to Wi-Fi. Tried a bunch of different settings, still no go. I have three 1043ND V1's that are perfectly happy but the V2 firmware is total crap. Been trying to restore back to stock but I can't figure it out. Goddamn.

Edit: Actually checked my firmware and I'm still on build 24461 and not 25309 like I thought I was. Pretty clear the web update on my build is messed up, supposedly I have to update this via Telnet now?

Dolphinman wrote:
Is it safe to flash r25408 over r24461? ofcourse with telnet since i'm not able to upgrade via the web interface

command i want to use:

i am scared i might brick it Neutral so i prefer asking you guys here before i try haha

i still didn't tried it and i wont try it Smile till another member clarifies what i said, i'm scared i might brick it so i prefer someone tells his experience doing it that way before i do.

Got WR-1043ND v1.8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 17:36    Post subject: Flashing WR-1043ND V2 over r24461 Reply with quote
[quote="stephendt"]Getting pretty tired of messing around with DD-WRT on my WR-1043ND V2. The bugs are atrocious on the 11/11/14 build. 90% of the time my clients don't want to connect to Wi-Fi. Tried a bunch of different settings, still no go. I have three 1043ND V1's that are perfectly happy but the V2 firmware is total crap. Been trying to restore back to stock but I can't figure it out. Goddamn.

[quote="Dolphinman"]Is it safe to flash r25408 over r24461? ofcourse with telnet since i'm not able to upgrade via the web interface

command i want to use:

i am scared i might brick it Neutral so i prefer asking you guys here before i try haha[/quote]

If you work this out please let me know.[/quote]

I worked-around flashing my WR-1043ND V2 over r24461 by doing it over WiFi link (not local BaseT port). I have 2 WRs, one main router and one AP. I've had PC attached to AP by copper. Both were running r24461. Main router upgraded without problem, while AP presented known r24461 upgrade symptoms. I moved my PC (copper connection) to main router and the AP flashed without problem from there. I hope it works for you too.
garamoli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kosovir
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 17:36 Post subject: Flashing WR-1043ND V2 over r24461
stephendt wrote:

Dolphinman wrote:

command i want to use:

Kosovir
I worked-around flashing my WR-1043ND V2 over r24461 by doing it over WiFi link (not local BaseT port). I have 2 WRs, one main router and one AP. I've had PC attached to AP by copper. Both were running r24461. Main router upgraded without problem, while AP presented known r24461 upgrade symptoms. I moved my PC (copper connection) to main router and the AP flashed without problem from there. I hope it works for you too.

Sorry, but you have not understood what you did to restore?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 9 of 14
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: