Fonera 2100 memory upgrade to 32MB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
xebbmw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 13:36    Post subject: Fonera 2100 memory upgrade to 32MB Reply with quote
Hi all,

Some times ago I tried to do a memory upgrade on Fonera 2100 to 32MB. I did not have the right tools and I ended up with damaged pcb pads. Since then my Fonera was sitting on the shelf.

Few years after I tried to fix my router. I have ordered the memory chip MT48LC16M16A2, I fixed my broken pcb pads and the router was alive again. In the wiki for the memory upgrade the link to the Redboot file that should be written to Redboot partition is broken. Without paying attention I managed somehow to write the wrong file to Redboot partition and as result the router did not boot anymore. To fix this I desoldered the flash chip from the board (several times) and programmed it using an SPI flash programmer device (based on CH341A).

Searching the web I came on some posts that helped me:

Redboot file compiled for 32MB RAM upgrade.

My Fonera whole flash file in BIN format is attached here (to be written on flash chip using a device programmer). The BIN file contains DD-WRT firmware version 14896. You just have to modify the BIN file using a hex editor.

More exactly the board config data area has to be changed using the right MAC address for your router. For details how to modify the board config, see the reply posted by HAZArD on in this thread.

I hope this would help others recovering their router.

Regards.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: