python on R7000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
marcus@R7000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 19:51    Post subject: python on R7000 Reply with quote
I want to share my result installing python via optware on Netgear R7000.

I followed the procedure described in:
http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Optware_on_K3-AC-ARM

After opkg install python I tried to start python and got:

Error relocating /opt/usr/lib/libpython2.7.so.1.0: __flt_rounds: symbol not found

I did a manual install of libc:
opkg install http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/bcm53xx/generic/packages/base/libc_1.1.10-1_bcm53xx.ipk

After that I was able to start python with:
/opt/lib/ld-musl-arm.so.1 /opt/usr/bin/python

This seemed to work for both python2 and python3
Sponsor
kuchi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 18:43    Post subject: Re: python on R7000 Reply with quote
Thanks Marcus for tips!

I tried same way on my R6300v2 to install Python3 and it worked well, though adding extra "/opt/lib/ld-musl-arm.so.1" in each command line is a little inconvenient..

btw, the link of libc ipk has changed, i used this:

https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/bcm53xx/generic/packages/base/libc_1.1.11-1_bcm53xx.ipk

and, similar change is necessary to "Optware On K3-AC-ARM" tutorial,,, the URL of opkg in optware_setup script need to be updated.
Legomaniac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 20:07    Post subject: THANK YOU!!! Reply with quote
Marcus!! Thank you so much!!! This is exactly what I needed!!!!

I am so excited to finally have Python 2.7 installed to by router again. Thank you so much for sharing this!!
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
??? ld-musl-arm.so.1 is already included in dd-wrt
so why do you add it a second time?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey BrainSlayer,

I wasn't aware that this was already available, and I don't believe marcus was either. We were simply looking for a solution to get the Python interpreter working, and this was a solution. Looking back on the issue it seems obvious now that I know more about the environment.

Currently, to ease the launching of the Python interpreter, I am using the following shell wrapper:

Code:
root@Digiport:/opt/usr/bin# cat python
#! /bin/sh
/opt/lib/ld-musl-arm.so.1 /opt/usr/bin/python2.7 $*

Because of your post, I went looking around and found that indeed this library is available in /lib, so I changed my shell wrapper to the following:

Code:
root@Digiport:/opt/usr/bin# cat python
#! /bin/sh
/lib/ld-musl-arm.so.1 /opt/usr/bin/python2.7 $*

Unfortunately, this resulted in the same error as marcus received:

Code:
root@Digiport:~# python
Error relocating /opt/usr/lib/libpython2.7.so.1.0: __flt_rounds: symbol not found

I changed it back to what I had earlier and all is well. So, I am not sure what is different about the ld-musl-arm.so.1 that is already in /lib, and the one we installed to /opt/lib, however so far this is the only method in which I can get the Python interpreter to run.
rafarataneneces
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
SO can you run a web server with a python script or just python through terminal?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: