diStefano
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 13:40    Post subject: Unifi AC Reply with quote
Will there be a dd-wrt to Unifi AP AC?
Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
as soon as i get such a device to my hands and if its chipset is supportable, we will port it for sure

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great, then I sit here on a chair and wait Smile
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
without donation it will take months or even years...
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

Too all that is inquiring this has been donated and dd-wrt should be receiving it this week.

Regards,
-Fractal
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wanted to give a big thank you to brainslayer for his hard work. Have been testing this device and getting really good performance in the beta builds.

Wanted to make a post in case anyone was wondering what progress was made on the unify-ac.

I assume he will post bins for this device soon.

-Fractal
rocky13
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ Fractal

Installing DDWRT to Unifi AC, is it the same procedure as Unifi AP?. I noticed that there is 3 files in downloads dir.

UNIFIAC.dd-wrt-preflash.bin
dd-wrt-25408-unifiac-preflash.bin
dd-wrt-25408-unifiac-webflash.bin

Thanks.
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
rocky13 wrote:
@ Fractal

Installing DDWRT to Unifi AC, is it the same procedure as Unifi AP?. I noticed that there is 3 files in downloads dir.

UNIFIAC.dd-wrt-preflash.bin
dd-wrt-25408-unifiac-preflash.bin
dd-wrt-25408-unifiac-webflash.bin

Thanks.

What I did was tftp the pre flash up.. setup pc to static IP, then TFTP preflash

-Fractal
dabotsonline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone tried r25544 (3rd December 2014) for the UniFi AC? If so, is it stable?

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2014/12-03-2014-r25544/ubnt_unifi_ac/
stellar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:22    Post subject: Client Bridge Reply with quote
Is Client-Bridge Mode working?
dabotsonline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
It seems that the second release of 2015 has just occurred:

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/01-17-2015-r25948/ubnt_unifi_ac/

Incidentally, if one has DD-WRT on a router (for instance, the EdgeRouter Lite), what benefit is there to also installing DD-WRT on the UniFi Access Point as well? One would lose the features in the stock firmware such as the cloud-hosted controller.
RevoltingMuffin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 23:49    Post subject: Unifi weird problem? Reply with quote
Hello all,
I am experiencing a problem with my Ubiquiti Unifi UAP AC Outdoor unit with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (01/17/15) giga. What i am experiencing is once i put dd-wrt on the device and plug it into my pc with my pc having a static ip of 192.168.1.64 i can ping the device and access the web gui (192.168.1.1), but once i change anything major for example under Setup ---- Vlans save and apply setting i can no longer access or ping the dd-wrt device threw a hard line. The only way i have found to get back into the device is to connect to the open wireless network with a static ip.

I have tried to reboot the device and reset the setting, but to no avail.

The only way to get it to work again is to re-flash the device with dd-wrt.
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:35    Post subject: Re: Unifi weird problem? Reply with quote
RevoltingMuffin wrote:
Hello all,
I am experiencing a problem with my Ubiquiti Unifi UAP AC Outdoor unit with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (01/17/15) giga. What i am experiencing is once i put dd-wrt on the device and plug it into my pc with my pc having a static ip of 192.168.1.64 i can ping the device and access the web gui (192.168.1.1), but once i change anything major for example under Setup ---- Vlans save and apply setting i can no longer access or ping the dd-wrt device threw a hard line. The only way i have found to get back into the device is to connect to the open wireless network with a static ip.

I have tried to reboot the device and reset the setting, but to no avail.

The only way to get it to work again is to re-flash the device with dd-wrt.

I have latest beta on my unify ac, however the device donated was a unify-ac indoor nit, there may be differences between the indoor and outdoor device.

-Fractal
RevoltingMuffin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 22:09    Post subject: Re: Unifi weird problem? Reply with quote
Quote:

I have latest beta on my unify ac, however the device donated was a unify-ac indoor nit, there may be differences between the indoor and outdoor device.

-Fractal

Fractal,

When i update:

I have tried putting the latest beta on my Unifi UAP AC Outdoor unit and it did not have any wireless SSID up nor could i access it from ethernet port. The only beta i could get working was DD-WRT v24-sp2 (01/17/15) giga and the very first beta, but on the very first beta the ddwrt ssid was up and i could connect to it, but could not connect via the ethernet ports. On the DD-WRT v24-sp2 (01/17/15) giga version I thought that i could outsmart the device by setting up the device in Telnet but as soon as i changed vlan1 or vlan2 i would lose the ethernet ports as like changes i made in web gui and could not get them back unless i did a factory reset from web gui using the wireless ssid.

Using DD-WRT v24-sp2 (01/17/15) giga before changes:

Another thing i found weird was when i was connected to the main ethernet port on the device under Setup ---- Vlans port one was showing green, and when i was plugged into the secondary port of the device the WAN was green. As shown in the attachment 1.

What i am trying to accomplish:

To use the Unifi UAP AC Outdoor as just an access point. I have a Ubiquiti Edgerouter Lite with 4 vlans that connects to a Ubiquiti ToughSwith.
Vlan1 DHCP 192.168.1.0/24
Vlan2 DHCP 192.168.2.0/24
Vlan5 Static 192.168.10.0/24
Vlan10 Static 192.168.20.0/24
From the tough switch connects to the unifi.Then send the vlans out 4 ssids.
Ssid1 Sidelobe 2.4ghz Vlan1 Vlan5 Vlan10
Ssid2 Guest 2.4ghz Vlan1
Ssid3 Operator 2.4ghz Vlan2
Ssid4 Sidelobe 5.8ghz Vlan1 Vlan5 Vlan10
As shown in the attachment 2.

Any input would be great, can i do this without vlans?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: