TJTAG - EJTAG De-Brick tool - IMPORTANT CHANGE:See 1st Post.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83, 84  Next
RogFanther
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
By the way, I re-read the thread, and saw you never did post information about what was in the serial console. That could have prevented the need to work with jtag and troubles detecting flash memory.
Sponsor
RogFanther
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also please, with the ground of the meter in the side of the power connector, measure the voltages at the pins of VR2, C529 ( near LED1 ) , C282 ( near the Atheros chip ) .
Also, from my notes, in a Planet WAP-4000 the serial was 9600 8N1, but just showed the lines
Code:
aaa
      bbb
      EZ
andreiursan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello. Voltages are :

VR2 = 3.3v , 0v , 2.5 v
C529 = 4.63 v
C282 = 1.9 v

The code with :
aaa
bbb
EZ
I have it only on the working AP.Any other suggestions? Thank you.
RogFanther
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
do the backup from the good one with tjtag.
erase wholeflash from the bad one with tjtag
read from the bad one. See if it comes all zeros or FF´s.
Write to the bad one with tjtag
read from the bad one, make a binary comparision to the file you flashed to see it it is equal.

If something doesn´t work, try ALL steps with brjtag

But really, you should be trying with other jtag software, and maybe researching at their forums to see if it is possible to add your flash chip to the detection.
andreiursan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello.I can write to the flash only with brjtag using /fc:002 and ONLY with /spirev .With tjtag it does write nothing,it start but is not moving.I saw in the flash list of brjtag that for /fc:002 I have vendor ID = 00C2 and device ID = 22DA. For my flash which is MX29LV800BTC-90 the device ID is 005b .Could this be the problem.Later today I will all teh steps you told me.Please remember that with tjtag I can ONLY read and erase and with brjtag I can write but using /spirev switch.Thank you very much.
andreiursan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
News.I tried to erase the flash with tjtag3,tjtag3.0.1,brjtag but it does not erase the entire flash.I can see that at the "begining" of the flash backup that I have 00ff.At 2% of the flash backup file I can still see data.If I want to replace the actual flash chip what are the similar chips?I allready have another 2 new flash chips : AM29LV800BT-90EF that I ordered from ebay because urjtag supports them.Any ideeas?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
andreiursan wrote:
I can see that at the "beginning" of the flash backup that I have 00ff.

What version of brjtag are you using?

Your flashchip ought to be /fc:001 and not 002, you must also use the switch /Wx8 since the AR2313 only has an 8-bit databus to the flash.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello.I am using brjtag v2.0.5-hugebird. I did a erase:wholeflash with /wx8 switch and after that I did a backup using teh same switches including /wx8 and it shows at the beggining at the flash only FFFFF and at 2% I can see data.I used a buffered wiggler cable.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
andreiursan wrote:
Hello.I am using brjtag v2.0.5-hugebird. I did a erase:wholeflash with /wx8 switch and after that I did a backup using teh same switches including /wx8 and it shows at the beggining at the flash only FFFFF and at 2% I can see data.I used a buffered wiggler cable.

ok, but you used /fc:002 which is for a Bottom Boot block MX29LV800 while your flash is a Top Boot block type.

Use /fc:001 !

Can you attach the brjtag 2.05 in a pm to me? I can only find up to version 1.9 on the net.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
You have pm.I tried to erase the flash using this time a unbufferd wiggler cable and the erase proces freezes everytime at the same stage.
RogFanther
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Using the /wx8 and /spi parameters of brjtag, can the program detect the flash type on its own? Or it will also state "Flash chip unknown " ?

Try with /unlock or /bypass. But until you can correctly write to the chip, you will not be able to ressurrect it.

As for changing the flash chip, you would need to be sure they have the same pinout, and use the same peripheral circuits.

On a side note, besides as a research project ( I too hate throwing away good hardware ) , this is a weak AP to use. You could buy another for about US$ 20, with more ram/cpu power.

By the way, I forgot to answer, the voltages you measured are similar to those in my notes.
andreiursan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi.Brjtag does not have support for atheros.I have to use skipdetect.I tried to detect the flash with brjtag using all the switches that you recommnend me.I used a wiggler buffered cable.The result is a brjtag programm error.Check the photo from attachment.

brjtag error.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  187.21 KB
 Viewed:  34110 Time(s)

brjtag error.JPG

LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
The crash window covers the cmdline switches so I can not see what you have used..

You need to use /Wx8 for all commands and the AR2313 is a big endian cpu so you have to use /BE as well.

I do also think that the window for probing flash (1FC00000) is wrong for Atheros 2313, try /window:A8000000

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello.I will make again backup of the good flash using the /wx8 /BE/ and /window:A8000000 .I did a backup of the flash from the AP conected to the wiggler buffered cable and it cames with zeros only.BY the way still not detect the flash and I will use /fc:003 as you sugested(dev ID : 005B).I will let you know the news.Thank you.
andreiursan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello.I tried to do a backup from the good AP with all that switches and a unbuffered wiggler cable but it stops itself at about 2%. I did read the file anyway and I saw that this time looks diferent- pretty more "normal".I will try to backup again,this time with a buffered wiggler.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83, 84  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 82 of 84
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: