Airlink 101 AR670W - Chip & Flash Details

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
client and repeater works. check your setup and dont forget to enable wan. otherwise it cannot work
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 21:22    Post subject: Failed ddwrt firmware upgrade Reply with quote
i read through this post and attempted to upgrade airlink ar670w (firmware 1.0) to ddrwt and i can no longer ping my router or get any communication with it via web. It doesn't do dhcp either.
From what i could find. I needed to hard reset the router then install airlink-factory-webflash.bin followed by ar670w-ddwrt-webflash.bin. I used the latest version as of today - v24 preSP2 beta build 13064. I used firefox and uploaded the factory firmware and after returning to the computer it appeared that the upgrade happened but when the browser went to reset after the restart it couldn't connect to the gui any more.

I have followed instructions for recovery on the wiki and am not able to get any ttl response on my pings. My computer ip is set to 192.168.1.200 and the ping -t 192.1681.1.1 gets no response at any point. Have tried the instructions to repower and look for temporary communication on reboot of router If i am missing something obvious let me know.
slaveunit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 21:59    Post subject: Re: Failed ddwrt firmware upgrade Reply with quote
christianbiagi wrote:
i read through this post and attempted to upgrade airlink ar670w (firmware 1.0) to ddrwt and i can no longer ping my router or get any communication with it via web. It doesn't do dhcp either.
From what i could find. I needed to hard reset the router then install airlink-factory-webflash.bin followed by ar670w-ddwrt-webflash.bin. I used the latest version as of today - v24 preSP2 beta build 13064. I used firefox and uploaded the factory firmware and after returning to the computer it appeared that the upgrade happened but when the browser went to reset after the restart it couldn't connect to the gui any more.

I have followed instructions for recovery on the wiki and am not able to get any ttl response on my pings. My computer ip is set to 192.168.1.200 and the ping -t 192.1681.1.1 gets no response at any point. Have tried the instructions to repower and look for temporary communication on reboot of router If i am missing something obvious let me know.

No you have probably just bricked it. Like I did to mine Smile What fw did you use and can you get it wirelessly? One that I was able to fix I could only get to wirelessly. then I was able to downgrade the fw.
wrtlike
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 23:47    Post subject: Bricking ??? Reply with quote
Guys,

Not sure why/how your devices are getting bricked... I had a fresh-out of the package AR670W, loaded the FW on the URL's near the end of this thread. Loaded the airlink-factory (rebooted) then loaded the ar670w-ddwrt (rebooted) and they took just fine. Surfing through it right now...
christianbiagi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
i attempted to use this one, which is the factory webflash (airlink-factory-webflash.bin). http://www.dd-wrt.com/routerdb/de/download.php?file=2207.

I did press wps button a while ago, which may have caused a problem with the wifi aspect as i am not seeing a light on that part, and i think i had that originally after the failed firmware upgrade.
Hellbore
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 0:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let you know I have 2 of these routers and so far DD-WRT is working fine on them.

This is pretty cool!
winternacht
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am having an issue... none of the wired lines can connect. I can get wireless just fine, but I can't retrieve an IP from the DHCP server.

I updated 1.00 firmware to the original brainslayer release, then updated it to 10/10/09, and that didn't work either. Not sure what's going on. Is anyone else getting this problem?
curiousandroid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes i have the same problem, any suggestions on how to fix it??

winternacht wrote:
I am having an issue... none of the wired lines can connect. I can get wireless just fine, but I can't retrieve an IP from the DHCP server.

I updated 1.00 firmware to the original brainslayer release, then updated it to 10/10/09, and that didn't work either. Not sure what's going on. Is anyone else getting this problem?
slaveunit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:57    Post subject: Re: Bricking ??? Reply with quote
wrtlike wrote:
Guys,

Not sure why/how your devices are getting bricked... I had a fresh-out of the package AR670W, loaded the FW on the URL's near the end of this thread. Loaded the airlink-factory (rebooted) then loaded the ar670w-ddwrt (rebooted) and they took just fine. Surfing through it right now...

Did you try BrainSlayer's build from yesterday's post (bottom of page 22)? The one that I was trying to help people out such as yourself? Which now I realize I shouldn't have even tried since I didn't even need the fixed macs. Well thats the one that bricked mine. So unless you tried that one you really cant wonder why mine is bricked.
slaveunit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
winternacht wrote:

The way I fixed this (if you read back a few posts you would see) is to connect wirelessly with your router right next to your wireless client. This way you have the strongest signal. Then go back to a known working build (r12966). Its risky but as far as I know there isnt any other choice unless you have a JTAG or serial cable made for this.
binhdo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
can someone give me directions on how to flash back to factory firmware?
gustav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
binhdo wrote:
can someone give me directions on how to flash back to factory firmware?

The latest release also bricked one of mine. Fixing it was simple. On a few pages back someone mentioned that if you hold down the reset button while plugging in the power, you'll get a recover webpage at 192.168.1.10

1) plug ethernet into the lan port
2) Assign your ethernet interface statically to 192.168.1.3 netmask 255.255.255.0
3) Hold down the reset button and plug the power in while the reset button is held down
4) Open up your browser and navigate to http://192.168.1.10

You'll get a webpage (you won't be able to ping the device 192.168.1.10 - don't worry about that). Hit browse, select the factory firmware .bin then upload - and when it tells you to power cycle the device.

Worked fine for me to recover a bricked device. Don't upgrade to the latest dd-wrt - as 13064 doesn't appear to be working. The older version that i'm running is working fine - so I'll hold off till a non-bricking version is available.
christianbiagi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Gustav, I was able to get that 192.168.1.10 page to come up. will see if i can figure out the rest tomorrow.
tripper22
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Build 13069 that BrainSlayer posted on page 23 fixed all of my problems. Wireless seems stable and my iPod Touch connects with WPA2 AES. So far so good.
binhdo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks gustav, just exactly what i needed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 48, 49, 50  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 24 of 50
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: