WRT310n V2 - Compatility with dd-wrt?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Schrodinger's Cat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 0:11    Post subject: WRT310n V2 - Compatility with dd-wrt? Reply with quote
I just bought a new wrt310n and discovered that it was a wrt310n v2. Is it compatible with dd-wrt?
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 0:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not sure, but links to check it out are in note 16 of the peacock announcement. Search might help too if no one responds quickly.

Great name. Are you sure you're alive?

Edit: Just checked and see no reference to a v.2 in the supported devices. Are you sure of the model number and version?

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Schrodinger's Cat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 0:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
Not sure, but links to check it out are in note 16 of the peacock announcement. Search might help too if no one responds quickly.

Great name. Are you sure you're alive?

Edit: Just checked and see no reference to a v.2 in the supported devices. Are you sure of the model number and version?

SERIAL #: CSF11J614890

FCC ID: Q87-WRT310NV2

I checked the manual pdf located here:

There is a GPL licence for OpenSSL in Appendix E. I'm not sure if that's of any use, but it looked like it was worth mentioning.
Schrodinger's Cat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
This has probably been mentioned before, but I think it may be relevant:
The wrt310n v2 has a management mode that is accessed by performing the 30/30/30 reset.

I found this out when I unsuccessfully attempted to load the firmware for the wrt310n v1 firmware file "dd-wrt.v24_mini_wrt310n.bin" located
here.

I also found links to internal photos here.

PS: The flash I attempted was unsuccessful, and I don't know the correct formatting for it's version and build info. I think the link info satisfies peacock note 7.

EDIT: Yes, I realize now that I probably should not have attempted to load a firmware for a different hardware version. Fortunately, I was able to reflash the router with the linksys firmware.

RT-N16 - DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mega - build 14929
WL-520GU - DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mini-usb-ftp - build 14929
WL-520GU - DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/07/10) std-nokaid-usb - build 14205M NEWD Eko * 2
WRT-160Nv3 - DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/07/10) std-nokaid-small - build 14205M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko
WRT-310Nv2 - DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) std-nokaid-small - build 14929
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
You are doing your homework. Looks like no jtag on that unit....so be careful. You might have to open it up and see what the flash chip is...that looks like it might be a Broadcom processor. BUT...even if the processor and flash chip are supported doesn't mean you can just go flash a build on the router and have it work. You could easily brick it.

I suggest you use it as is, and monitor the forum for support for that router.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like it has jtag.. 6 pads near edge of board right side... matching 6 pads on bottom of board.

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=1094696&native_or_pdf=pdf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was looking at one as well seeing how Best Buy has them on sale and they're dual band. I think another thread said that it's currently a work in progress.
dellsweig
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
capnchunk wrote:
I was looking at one as well seeing how Best Buy has them on sale and they're dual band. I think another thread said that it's currently a work in progress.

The WRT310 is single band - the WRT320 is dual band (single radio)
capnchunk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
dellsweig wrote:

The WRT310 is single band - the WRT320 is dual band (single radio)

Sorry - I got that mixed up. I was looking for 320's. At least the 310 is N+ whatever that is supposed to mean.
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Probably it could run dd-wrt, new build based on kernel 2.6. Anybody with serial console?
ShaTR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just got one of these myself.

Dunno if i should return it, or keep it and hope there will be a fw released for it. what to do?
millaren
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey ShaTR i in the same boat as you just picked up a wrt310n V2 today. not really sure if i should take it back or use it till they bring out the patch.
davegravy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
hey ShaTR i in the same boat as you just picked up a wrt310n V2 today. not really sure if i should take it back or use it till they bring out the patch.

Several people including myself have asked this and there's been no response.

In their silence, the message they're sending is "we'll get around to it when we get around to it. If you bought the V2 by accident, then tough luck. Return it if that's what you think makes sense".
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Silence? WTF? Send one to eko if you want it supported.

Eko wrote:
Probably it could run dd-wrt, new build based on kernel 2.6. Anybody with serial console?

socal87
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Perhaps his router is simultaneously bricked and not bricked...and indeed, but how does he know that he doesn't know that he knows he's alive?

>>>PEACOCK THREAD!<<<

I do NOT offer personal assistance.
Please do not PM me for help.

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 18
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: