Joined: 06 Dec 2006
|Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:52 Post subject: How to run Xlink Kai on DD-WRT Micro - No webserver needed
|Ok I figured I would write a quick tut for running Kai on a micro build of DD-WRT (ie v5+ of GS or G), I know there are a couple of tuts floating around but none that I could find that specifically define things for a micro build.
This is written from the point of view of running generic v23 sp1 final, (I found that sp2 was missing the wget command from ssh) and running windows xp. Everything that you need to change is in full caps.
1. Goto teamlink.co.uk and download the Linux->mips->Kaid.tar file
2. Extract the file (with winrar) and edit the kaid.conf file so it looks like this:
UIBind = :34522
OrbPort = 34525
EngineBind = :37500
SniffDevice = br0
Protocol = 4
ConsoleMacs = XBOXMACADDRESS;
ConfigURL = http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/connector/clientgetconfig.php
IgnoreTCP = 1
Just remember to change XBOXMACADDRESS to your real xbox MAC address in the XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX format, that is the only change you need to make, also leave the ; after the MAC address.
3. FTP to your xbox and transfer your newly edited kaid.conf file and kaid file that you extracted earlier to the E partition of your Xbox hard drive.
4. Telnet to your router and run the following command (make sure your xbox is powered on):
wget ftp://xbox:xbox@XBOXIP/e/kaid -O /tmp/kaid
wget ftp://xbox:xbox@XBOXIP/e/kaid.conf -O /tmp/kaid.conf
chmod 755 /tmp/kaid
/tmp/kaid -d -c /tmp/kaid.conf
Obviously insert your correct xbox IP where specified (this also assumes you havent changed your default ftp username or password if you have the format is username:password) you must also be using a passive ftp dash i.e. Xbmc not Evox.
5. Alternatively you could save those commands as a startup script, just copy and paste it into the box in your router UI (under Administration tab, Diagnostics sub tab) then click save as startup. Just remember to have you xbox running and able to receive ftp when you reboot your router.
I hope this helps someone.