TP-link wireless connection losess data

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
alemar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 18:02    Post subject: TP-link wireless connection losess data Reply with quote
Hi,
I will try to be as quick and precise as possible.
I am running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/13/11) std on a tp-link 740n(v2 i think) and recently the quality of connection starts to degradate rapidly.What i mean is that the traffic over the wireless connection drops(no the connection)and 0 bandwidth is transmitted for up to a minute or two,then it get back to normal or the connection goes to a craw.While this occurs i cannot(or VERY slowly) connect to the router over the wireless.I have changed the channel several times,disabled the dns-masq in basic settings(as suggested in other similar posts) and even tried disabling the firewall.Rebooting the router solves the isue at the moment,but this happesn sometimes even after the reboot(frequently of late).This seems to happen eithe randomly or in some VERY specific traffic peaks like testing the connection to speedtest or loading fb and youtube at the same time with several other sites with quite a few adds(ip connections too much?),but i do nothing out of the ordinary,although this issue was present 1 year ago when i first flashed the router and it was very rarely that this happened.
Please advise,also if you need more info on settings ect please tell me what you need.I hope i explained the issue properly.
Sponsor
arnfilho
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm... if you are using a 2011 build, upgrade to the latest build first:

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/04-11-2013-r21223/

EDIT: haha.. realized just now that since we dont have 13 months, you're probably using the latest Very Happy

Try setting the wireless mode to "NG-Mixed", setting the bandwidth to "40Mhz" and manually choosing the channel (choose the less crowded channel... I use channel 1, upper extension). Use WPA2/AES as wireless security.

I have a WR741ND and it works very well...
alemar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah,well as i said i did all the generic trubleshooting,including what you suggested....hmm r21223 is that the svn version? If so most probaly,my router is not up to date mine is SVN revision 16785(pls dont tell me it stands for service and its unique to each device cuz then i will feel very stupid)
if all else fails i will do a factory reset,and if that fails i will re-flash...still open to suggestions.
update the bug appears to be triggered by the wifi traffic as described,but it seems that the wired connection has the same issues during that down time,that is to say that maybe the whole device freezes data transfer at those moments,please advise.
arnfilho
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you're using r16785, then you're indeed using an outdated version. r16785 came out 04/09/11, and r21223 came out two days ago. I got confused because I thought you already had the latest build, but had mistyped the date (04/13/11, as you stated, and 04/11/13 - r21223 release date)... oh well Very Happy

Upgrade to r21223. Lots and lots of bugfixes and modifications when compared to r16785. Then try the basic procedures again. Note that you will only see the 40Mhz option after setting the "NG-Mixed, Mixed or N-Only" option and saving it.
alemar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well the update didn`t do any good,the same issue is still present.When using the wired connection though everything is in peak condition it seems that only the wireless connection causes device data loss...any ideas?
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
update drivrs

wiki: atheros wireless

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
update drivrs

wiki: atheros wireless

hmm tnks for that,it actually made me look into my recent doings,i reinstalled my win7 a week ago and it seems that there is a driver issue with my atheros on the laptop,i booted up my lubuntu ant it works like a charm...changing my win drivers as we speak,though i still don`t get why when the wifi issue appears the wired connection gets downtime at the same time.Will keep you up to date with this.

EDIT:
Well as you suggested,it was driver related,consider the issue solved.Though i still cannot grasp the reason for the downtime on the device if the issue was with the client pc driver?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: