TL-WR741ND installed v4 image on v2.4 device. Bricked?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
maniootek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 18:49    Post subject: TL-WR741ND installed v4 image on v2.4 device. Bricked? Reply with quote
Accidentally I have installed on my "TP-LINK TL-WR741ND v2.4" wrong ddwrt version. I have used v4 version for v2.4 tp-link device. Firmware installed from this file:
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2014/04-18-2014-r23919/tplink_tl-wr741ndv4/

Now device doesn't boot. Reset 30/30/30 doesn't bring any results. Any idea how to fix it now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjYonmrURWk
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
See peacock announcement note 6.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
maniootek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
It doesn't respond when I plug ethernet cable on it and it also doesn't broadcast wifi signal. There is no connection between.
Does anyone know what that blinking mean from my movie?

Added:
JTAG is not supported for this model but serial port only. Is there any easy guide step by step how to fix router with this method? Any movie or something?
maniootek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I readed peacock thread and note 6 and according to my problem I should use jtag but it's not supported for my device. I should use serial port instead. I found this thread:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Serial_Recovery
there is also article about my device in openwrt wiki:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr741nd

now I want solder cable to router board but I am not sure if I can use any USB cable? Does cable need any chip inside cable?
Is it enough to use cable provided on picture which I use to data transfer with my phone?

I have also another question. Cable has 4 wires inside (black+red and white+green) and there is only 3 spots on the board. How should I connect it?
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
You need USB-TTL, so inside there is a chip. Find usb with CP23XX or PL2303. You need to connect TX-RX, RX-TX, GND-GND Smile
maniootek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
chinese clone of nokia ca-42 will work?
maniootek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can someone confirm that:

Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
How to do this, what to use, and how to determine connections is all contained in the wiki thread you linked. It is right. You need to read it carefully.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
maniootek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know you tell to all to read wiki thread but this is not described well enough to me understand everything. That's why I came here, made my pictures and asking you now to make sure that I don't brick my device completely.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't have your router and I can't test continuity from here to determine whether you have properly identified the cables. Only you can do that, but the wiki instructions are reasonably clear.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought 3 of those cables and none ever gave me any output.
Now I buy these. http://www.dx.com/p/cp2102-usb-to-ttl-usb-uart-module-serial-converter-red-silver-black-277100?tc=USD&gclid=CO_j3v2b88ACFSsV7AodslkAqw

Navigation

Jump to: