One-off standalone radio off cron job script ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Stewox
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:57    Post subject: One-off standalone radio off cron job script ? Reply with quote
Hello

I'm new to cron jobs and I had a look around but I even tho there's quite many examples about wireless radio scheduling.

While the buttons serve me well with turning off and on manually without having to log on, there are a few cases I forget to turn off wireless and it keeps running into the night.

What would I need is a simple cron script that would only turn off the wireless at 2 AM every single day. If it's already off then no prob, maybe the script could check the status before proceeding but it probably shouldn't hurt if an off command is issued while it's already off, which is what most of the time will be the case.

I don't need any other scheduling like "on hours" or "off hours". I do NOT want it to be turned on by itself.

This is also a security measure, since this is an open wireless and has to be because any security is buggy with an older phone I use for internet radio occasionally.

Asus RT-AC56U
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/22/14) std
(SVN revision 25697)

Also note that my intention is to physically disable the radio antenna from radiating any signals, if this cron job only disables data transmission but not the antenna then it doesn't make any difference and is not a solution at all.

I hope this was and is the case with the manual radio-off-on button action all these years, I would really feel like a fool if that wasn't the case, especially as I'm not sure since I never got to save some cash for an EMF detector (the worthwhile multi-purpose ones are quite expensive) to test this myself, though other people shown it on the web it does stop transmitting for a few obscure models that I've seen, so not sure about all the rest.

Thanks
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: