DD-WRT firmware for Netgear 614L launched

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Izzy84075
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Works for me, as well. Had a few problems(Darn browser caching, nothing wrong with DD-WRT), but other than that it works great!

Anybody know if it's possible to reset the default MAC address? I lost mine when trying some of the earlier builds...

EDIT: Nevermind, I got the MAC addresses working...
Sponsor
playdrums
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:30    Post subject: incorrect image file Reply with quote
When I try to use the web gui in dd-wrt to flash I get the error message, "Incorrect Image File." I'm currently stuck on the version of dd-wrt offered at myopenrouter.com. I am able to reset the router to it's defaults which I did just before attempting to flash it. Then I downloaded the build of dd-wrt that Nachi posted. After unzipping that file, I browse to the resulting file "ddwrt-wgr614v8.chk" and click the Upgrade button which then yields the message above.

What should I try next?
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
For dd-wrt upgrade use generic bin file.
playdrums
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 17:53    Post subject: generic bin file Reply with quote
OK, so is there a link to the generic bin file that incorporates Nachi's changes and works on this router? I believe a previous post indicated that applying the generic broadcom update bricked this router.
damani
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ya I have ddwrt currently installed, but the older version. How would i go about updating to the newest version u just posted? i keep getting bad filename when trying to update through web interface.
playdrums
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 16:42    Post subject: what platform/web browser Reply with quote
damani:

What OS are you using and what web browser to interact with dd-wrt web gui?
nachi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
To get a generic bin or trx file use the dd command on Linux or Cygwin

Code:
dd bs=58 skip=1 if=firmware.chk of=firmware.bin

change firmware.chk and firmware.bin to the name of the firmware files you have.
damani
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
can this be done by someone who knows what they are doing? lol im not the greatest w/ linux and programming, so if you wouldnt mind helping out. Thanks so much
bradpr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK - I have DD-WRT v24 on my WGR614Lv8 and want to upgrade to the v24sp1 version for my router. If I try to upgrade, the gui tells me that I have an incorrect file. I am using IE to do this upgrade. I notice that if I rename the .chk file to .bin, it tries to work, so I seem to be getting stuck by some script that is only checking for the extension type.

any help???
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
bradpr wrote:
OK - I have DD-WRT v24 on my WGR614Lv8 and want to upgrade to the v24sp1 version for my router. If I try to upgrade, the gui tells me that I have an incorrect file. I am using IE to do this upgrade. I notice that if I rename the .chk file to .bin, it tries to work, so I seem to be getting stuck by some script that is only checking for the extension type.

any help???

only upgrade with the standard .bin files from the dl area!!

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
bradpr wrote:

any help???

I'm new here, so forgive my lack of understanding. The only firmware loads I've seen for this router are chk files (from myopenrouter.com). Even the factory firmware from Netgear is in a CHK file. Can I convert a bin to a chk??
bradpr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
bradpr wrote:

any help???

Sash,

I really don't understand you now. I just visited your downloads section, and here's the upgrade that I need:

dd-wrt.v24_std-wgr614v8_07... chk 3.6 MB 27-07-08 0 None

It is a chk file, and I don't see the bin equivalent.
What are the standard bin files you're referring to?

Thanks for the help
damani
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
ya i cant find the files anywhere either. Not sure how I would do an upgrade yet. I use windows xp and ie for browser;. thanks
mona
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Firmware upgrade utility is released for dd-wrt. check http://www.myopenrouter.com/download/10491/MTD-Erase-Firmware-Upgrade-Utility-for-WGR614L/
rakha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
dd-wrt mini v24 does not support OpenVPN. Does the standard version of dd-wrt support it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: